This position is part of the Store Development team which supports our client’s retail locations and distribution centre by providing a safe, clean and functional retail environment. The Retail Facilities Manager will play a critical role within the department by acting as the main point of contact for the retail locations landlords and onsite management in an effort to address and resolve a wide range of building and infrastructure related issues.
- Provides proactive management and issue resolution for all facilities related functions.
- Acts as liaison between store operations and company leadership team through proactive involvement with acquisitions and remodels and new store openings or store closings.
- Provides project management support, contract administration, project reporting, capital forecasting and tracking.
- Develops contractor and vendor relationships for corrective and planned capital projects to maintain a cost competitive environment while adhering to service level expectations.
- Responsible for responding to localized emergencies (e.g. fire, break ins, car vs building etc.) by taking on appropriate partners, updating stakeholders, and insuring a safe and secure environment for all team members and customers.
- Supports business continuity by proactively planning for and responding to catastrophic events (e.g. hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, etc.) utilizing corporate procedures.
- Accountable for monitoring and overseeing, out-sourced service providers, as well as any vendors providing services.
Facilities, planning and improvement
- Responsible for mentoring, education, communication and collaborating with Operations and Finance regarding all corporate facility and maintenance services.
- Owns all asset management responsibilities. Collaborates with company leadership team on projects involving landlords, municipalities, excess property, etc. Responsible for providing information, including but not limited to new store information, Landlord vs Company responsibilities, warranty information, asset tracking, and emergency priority lists.
- Performs regular site visits and audits. Responsible for maintaining the highest level of interior and exterior asset management standards. Supports project managers during new construction.
- Responsible for the preparation and control of annual Facilities Opex and Capex budgets. Providing relevant review of all costs, ensuring all financial controls are administered and managed to budget whilst not effecting long term efficiency of stores or safety of stakeholders
- Ensures the equity retail expenditures, including capital, select expenses, and insurance reimbursements meets or exceeds expectations.
- Prepares financial, operation, maintenance and other technical reports utilizing computerized inventory and asset registry in conjunction with asset managers to include calculations of net present value and life cycle cost.
Health & Safety
- In coordination with the Operations team, ensure all Health & Safety policies, procedures are adapted across stores in line with policies and systems
- Ensure relevant Health & Safety procedures are set up and maintained across the external contractors and service providers where interacting with facilities
- Maintain appropriate administration practices to ensure all relevant documentation is recorded and accurate
- Ensuring required documentation is completed on time and as efficiently as possible
- Execute special project initiatives as identified by company leadership team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or technical certifications in project management
- Years of Experience — 2 or more years of corporate experience preferably within a development department; or 2+ years of retail or restaurant facilities and/or asset management
- With overall experience dealing with equipment, HVAC, building and general trade’s within multi-site organizations
- Experience with a customer service industry and understanding and empathy with the challenges that go hand in hand with this environment
- Sound administrative abilities, particularly cost control, management & analysis of data
- A wide and detailed knowledge of building, health codes regulations and ordinances
- Proven computer skills with Outlook, Word and Excel experience
- Proven contract negotiation skills with a range of providers
Experience (Technical and Behavioral):
- A passion for Multi-Site facilities control and how it can positively improve the business
- A self-starter with impeccable implementation & execution skills
- Sound planning organizing and controlling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Show Leadership and strategy overview to ensure effective function of a Facilities function
- Basic understanding and reporting of financial reports, P&L and budgeting.
- Ability to forecast, troubleshoot and provide solutions with a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and strong drive for producing results
- Thrives in a fast paced and pressure driven environment to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous assignments of varying complexity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Outlook: 1 year (Preferred)