ACM is a fast growing accounting advisory practice based out of downtown Vancouver specializing in financial reporting for public companies. We offer public company clients a complete service package to assist them in timely and accurate disclosures. Our clients are from all industry sectors and are issuers on the TSX-V, CSE, NASDAQ, and OTC.
The owner will provide flexibility, respect, and will empower you to make decisions. We are becoming the go-to accounting and CFO outsourcing service provider in Canada, so small to mid size cap companies can focus on executing their business plans.
You will work directly with the clients to assist them in meeting their financial reporting requirements, which may include assisting with closing procedures, accounting systems planning, IFRS or US GAAP standards accounting policy research, MD&A preparation, and financial statement preparation. Being a part of the client side is a rewarding experience all while getting to maintain the dynamic nature of working on different client files.
You will feel a ton of ownership over the files you work on. Due to the small nature of the firm, we all support each other to solve complex accounting issues. Filing deadlines are a regular occurrence, so being proactive will be a must in order to be successful in our environment. Overtime is only on a rare occasion. If you are fed up with the 70 hour work weeks during busy season, this will be a great role to transition out of the long hours of public practice. We offer lots of flexibility (including working from home) and a benefits plan, so it's a terrific role for someone who wants work/life balance.
We are flexible on the type of experience you may bring. One of the following experiences is a requirement, unless you can clearly demonstrate strong knowledge in the area of financial reporting: contract CFO to a public reporting entity, led audit files in pubco group at a public accounting firm, or financial reporting role within a public issuer.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing financial statements and the management discussion and analysis for quarterly and year end filings for various clients;
- Completing consolidation and translation files;
- Assisting clients with financial analysis, preparing financial analysis of various balance sheet and income statement accounts;
- Monthly variance analysis of corporate costs compared with quarterly forecasts and the annual business plan;
- Assisting with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process for clients;
- Bookkeeping on special projects for clients and for some clients regular period ending closing entries;
- Assisting with year-end audit planning and liaising with the auditors on behalf clients;
- Assist with continuous disclosure requirements;
- Common complex accounting issues include accounting for acquisitions, stock based compensation, translations and consolidations.
- CPA designation required. Preferably, you have a few years’ experience to have previously obtained a legacy CA or CGA designation.
- We are flexible on the type of experience you may bring. One of the following experiences is a requirement, unless you can clearly demonstrate strong knowledge in the area of financial reporting: contract CFO to a public reporting entity, led audit files in pubco group at a public accounting firm, or financial reporting role within a public issuer.
- After the base experience requirements are met, we hire first and foremost, really strong analytical and problem solvers.
Bonus experience and qualifications (please make note of them in your cover letter or email introduction if you have any of these. None of these skills are mandatory):
- Excel wizard
- Please note in your cover letter what, if any specializations you have focused on (i.e. mining, oil & gas)
- Quickbooks or accounting software. Please list what you have used regularly.
- CPA (Qualified in the United States)
- US GAAP experience
- SEC or Canadian Securities regulators disclosure experience
- COSO Internal Control Certificate
- CFA designation
- IT nerd that could spearhead our IT initiatives
- XBRL experience
- Corporate income tax
About ACM Management Inc.
ACM is a fast growing advisory practice based out of specializing in financial reporting for public companies. We offer public company clients a complete service package to assist them in ensuring of timely and accurate disclosures.
Office Location: Vancouver office and remote work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Required)