Secondary School Tutor
Scholars Bayview Village is seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Part-Time High School Teacher to join our dynamic team. As a teacher at Scholars, you will have the opportunity to positively impact students, both personally and academically. We take pride in delivering results that matter to our students. Our teachers play a key role in this journey. A successful candidate will be trained to our standards and teaching methodology.
- A provincially recognized teaching certificate. Candidates in Teacher’s College or a university designation in math and/or science are welcome to apply.
- Previous experience working with children in a tutoring environment is an asset.
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
- Have a passion to help students reach their potential.
- Exceptional organization and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to teach in a 2:1 ratio.
- Must be able to teach math or science up to grade 12, including subjects Advanced Functions, Calculus and Vectors, Data Management, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Must complete proficiency tests.
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of two shifts per week (Shifts: Monday to Thursday evenings from 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 pm and/or Saturday mornings from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.). A commitment until the end of _________ is required to keep a consistent learning environment for our students.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per year
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 4 years (preferred)