TACC Construction Ltd., an ISO 45001 Certified company, has established itself as a leader in the construction industry providing the highest quality civil services to municipalities, land developers and government agencies since 1977. Our company has earned an excellent reputation in the industry, providing exceptional, industry leading services in earthmoving, underground sewer, watermain and road-building work.
TACC Construction Ltd. is seeking a well-rounded, long-term, full-time qualified fine-grade, GPS-controlled, Grader Operator for our Road-building department. The successful candidate will be competitively compensated and responsible for various duties which include
- operating a grader to precisely spread and mix materials to dry and prep roads.
- constructing road surfaces to precise grade specifications.
- laying cold mix, and/or shaving and rip out old surfaces.
- directing ground crew to achieve grading goals.
- listening and carrying out instructions given from ground crew.
- performing pre-operational inspection of grader.
- maintaining, inspecting, setting up, adjusting, and utilizing equipment or machinery to ensure proper and safe functioning.
- following safety guidelines and protocols.
- reviewing a daily schedule and following specific instructions for grading.
- identifying defective parts on malfunctioning graders and following proper safety guidelines and procedures, reporting any potentially unsafe practices.
- A valid drivers G license, own a vehicle, and willing to commute to and from work locations
- Experience with GPS-controlled Grader
- Thorough understanding of grading and blade control
- Be able to accurately judge distance and slopes as well as roadway plans and drawings
- Good health and physical condition
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Works well independently and collaboratively on small or large-scale projects
- Is reliable, responsible, and trustworthy
Good to have:
- In-depth knowledge and practice of OSHA safety standards and precautions
- Experience in sewer or watermain projects
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Interested candidates please forward cover letter and resume by email to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Fine-grade Grader with GPS: 1 year (required)
- Class G Licence (required)
Work Location: In person