Rehab First is one of Ontario's largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
We are currently seeking an experienced part time (3 days/week) Social Worker for the London area.
- Psycho-social Assessments
- Selective assignment of Case Management responsibilities
- Development of OCF-18 plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Provision of counselling services in a variety of settings (e.g. in person, via telephone, cyber counselling)
- Extensive documentation and report writing
- Ongoing collaboration with other medical and rehabilitation professionals
- Opportunity to work with adults and children
- Individual, couple and family counselling
- Career and vocational counselling and assessments
- Master’s degree (MSW); consideration given to BSW
- Current registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Experience in a health care setting , and ideally in the community
- Clinical experience with head trauma and brain injury considered an asset
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, etc.)
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time management, and documentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as member of a multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied caseload
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office (laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)