Full-time Systems Administrator
Traditional Learning Academy is looking for a Systems Administrator who will work well as a member of TLA's Tech Team, under the direction of TLA's Tech Team Lead. Humility, flexibility, and initiative are essential character traits for working as a key team player in this position of service. Good communication skills and an aptitude for multi-tasking are also a must. Candidate should be a committed Christian according to TLA Online's Mission and Values.
The Systems Administrator will have primary responsibility for servicing, maintaining, troubleshooting, updating, adapting, and building out TLA's information systems and technical infrastructure, including (but not limited to) TLA's
- multiple Linux servers (physical and cloud),
- multiple wired and wireless networks,
- PBX VoIP phone system,
- document management system,
- backup system,
- learning management system (Moodle),
- and any other server-based, internet, and locally networked systems supporting the school's informational and educational operations that may exist or be needed.
Responsibilities will include
- ensuring security and uptime,
- monitoring logs and system health with an eye to performance and security,
- ensuring systems are kept updated and backed up,
- ensuring e-mail, phone, and other communication systems are properly configured and maintained to ensure that communication is reliable and efficient,
- documenting and developing network, internet, and other infrastructure, and
- working with the rest of TLA's Tech Team to ensure the school's information systems and infrastructure continue to meet the needs of the school's population.
The ideal candidate will
- have experience deploying, maintaining, and securing LAMP servers,
- have some knowledge of PHP/SQL programming,
- be thoroughly acquainted with SSL, Bash shell scripting, and TCP/IP, and
- enjoy teaching others about technology.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 1 year (Preferred)