We're expanding our team in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Design, development and maintenance of a reporting system including creation of optimal interactive dashboards, ad-hoc query and analysis, interactive reporting, enterprise reporting and analytics, proactive detection and alerts.
- Understand and effectively handle the dynamics around a data warehouse and ETL automation project. Including analysis, design, development/modification/enhancement, implementation, and troubleshooting, monitoring, performance improvement and administration functions.
- Develop and maintain operational metrics.
- Work with business stakeholders and other SMEs to understand high-level business requirements
- Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
- Support a positive work environment that promote service to business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Adhere to existing processes/standards including the project development lifecycle (PDLC), business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics; or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience.
- 5+ years of IT experience including 3+ years of hands on experience with SQL or Hive.
- 5+ years of experience in ETL development.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics.
- 5+ years of experience in BI development using reporting tools such as Tableau and experience creating dashboards.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting complex SQL queries.
- Hands on experience with Data Warehousing.
- Experience or familiarity working within a Hadoop environment with an understanding of Big Data concepts.
- Experience with Google Analytics is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlog.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and multitask with limited supervision contributing as a team player.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role