VidCruiter is a Moncton-based software company that has developed an innovative hiring platform that helps organizations all over the world hire better quality employees in the fastest and most cost-effective way possible. The platform’s flexibility enables VidCruiter to serve a variety of clients that range from small recruiting firms, up to Fortune 500 companies.
VidCruiter is looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about Servers and has a genuine interest in innovative technologies.
A DevOps engineer is an IT professional who works with software developers, system operators (SysOps (https://searchitoperations.techtarget.com/definition/system-operator-sysop) ) and other production IT staff to oversee code releases and deployments. The role calls for someone who has relevant hard (https://searchcio.techtarget.com/definition/hard-skills) and soft skills (https://searchcio.techtarget.com/definition/soft-skills) to overcome the traditional barriers between software development, QA (https://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/definition/quality-assurance) , testing (https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/software-testing) and IT operations (https://searchitoperations.techtarget.com/definition/IT-operations) teams and foster a collaborative, holistic environment.
Responsibilities of AWS Dev-Ops
- Write and manage Ansible modules and workflows
- Automate application build processes
- Automate OS and application deployments (server, configurations, application code)
- Linux administration experience (e.g. RedHat)
- Assisting developers in debugging application build, deployment and connectivity issues
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, s3, EFS, Data Pipeline, RDS, Route 53
- Experience with CloudFormation for automating AWS stack builds
- Understanding of Application clustering / load balancing / high availability concepts and technologies
- Experience designing/building/maintaining continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with version control software
- Leverage scripting to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis
- Automation tools like UC4, SAP LVM will be a plus.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, ANT, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, XML, JSON, HTML
- lear written and verbal communication skills • Experience with dashboard, log management and monitoring tools. (e.g. Newrelic, Cloudwatch, Splunk, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Familiarity with automated testing methodologies, and continuous integration concepts
Salary & Benefits
Total compensation of base salary, commission and bonuses will be determined based on expereince.
Includes a full benefits package of health, dental, life insurance, and vacation.
Perks & Opportunity
Unlimited career growth opportunity and chance to make an impact.
Weekends and paid holidays off with additional flexible hours available.
Positive & constructive environment in a semi-casual office setting.
Downtown Moncton office with free RedBull, coffee, snacks and free parking.
Stock options are made available based on experience and/or time in the role.
Responsibilities are actions to be performed that result in positive outcomes for the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Head Office Location but this is a work from home role for now:
100 Cameron St, Suite 4000 (https://maps.google.com/?q=100+Cameron+St,+Suite+4000+Moncton,+NB,+Canada+E1C5Y6&entry=gmail&source=g)
Moncton, NB, Canada (https://maps.google.com/?q=100+Cameron+St,+Suite+4000+Moncton,+NB,+Canada+E1C5Y6&entry=gmail&source=g)