CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Supervisor, Fund Accounting, ensures that daily net asset values of assigned mutual funds are calculated in a timely and accurate manner and that all reports presenting financial information are accurate and delivered within established time-frames. Coordinates and monitors the activities of a team of fund accountants.
- Reviews daily net asset value calculations and authorizes the day end prices of funds by checking the accuracy of information used to determine fund prices.
- Coordinates and monitors the work of the team by distributing accounts to fund accountants and scheduling time based tasks by recommending overtime and staff vacation to maintain adequate service levels.
- Provides leadership; trains, coaches, supervises and motivates staff. Maintains good morale, fosters teamwork and monitors performance in the team to complete performance reviews for the team with the help of the manager.
- Acts as a resource for team members to ensure timely resolution of escalated problems and enquiries by handling from clients, agents, auditors, etc.
- Reviews expense accruals as directed by clients and month end audit packages for accuracy.
- Conducts team meetings for giving/receiving information to update manager on all team developments.
- Works with the manager and other supervisors of the Unit to develop, implement and monitor standards, procedures and controls.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- University degree with concentration in accounting
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience
- Canadian Securities Course
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better