B&A PLANNING GROUP | Career Opportunity
Senior Planner - Edmonton, Alberta
B&A is one of Western Canada’s leading and largest professional community and land development planning firms. We bring a thirty-year track record of success in providing professional consulting services to a diverse range of public and private sector clients including individual land owners, developers, municipalities, and the aggregate and energy industry. B&A has performed over 2,200 projects for more than 200 clients in Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.About the Role
Are you passionate about planning in the Edmonton and Capital Region?
As a Senior Planner with B&A, you will have the unique opportunity to help develop our growing business in Edmonton. Your passion for the development and delivery of innovative and best-practice municipal and land development plans will drive success. You will have the exciting opportunity to lead your own projects. You will support the Partner/Associate in diverse planning projects by thoughtfully integrating innovation and originality in an implementable manner. An entrepreneurial spirit and knack for business development will be key for fostering strong relationships with potential, new and existing clients.
We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated Senior Planner with experience in managing municipal, inter-municipal, and land development projects. You will work collaboratively with an experienced and creative team of professional planners with diverse expertise. You will be responsible for a wide range of interesting and challenging projects focused on planning assignments for municipalities and the land development industry in Edmonton.
- Completion of a bachelor degree in Urban and Regional Planning or related field
- 8+ years of related experience in preparing municipal, statutory and non-statutory plans such as MDPs, ASPs or similar, master plans, land use policy analysis and policy writing
- RPP designation and membership with CIP and/or APPI
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities on projects with defined timeframe and budget
- Travel throughout the Edmonton region and occasional travel within Western Canada will be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in design and implementation of public engagement programs
- A Competitive Financial Compensation Package
- Health & Dental Benefits Program
- Professional and Career Development Program
Are you ready to grow your career? Apply Today!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by OCTOBER 11, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
- Planning: 8 years (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Preferred)
- English (Required)