Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Our purpose at Kiwi Newton Group is to excel in delivering; economical, high quality, low carbon, low energy and low maintenance building systems and structures in the ICI building industry. We strive to make and improve better products and develop our people to work together with various skills. We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. We continue to expand and have an exciting opportunity for a Welder/Fitter.
Best Rates for the Best Skills!
What we Offer
- Good negotiable rates of pay depending on your skill level
- Opportunities for advancement and skills enhancement
- Work in a thriving company with the newest computerized technology in concrete and steel building manufacturing
- Construction of factory built, non-combustible, low carbon, low energy use, high performance, comfortable, long lasting, resilient, and affordable buildings
- Career advancement with opportunities learning from a well-trained team of professionals
- Weld structural steel
- Fit structural steel as needed
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Able to use standard shop tools and equipment such as; grinders, band saws, OAC torches, ironworker, drill presses, etc.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- 3 years of steel welding and/or fitting experience
- Current CWB GMAW Flat ticket considered an asset
- Possess own layout tools
- Possess own welding gear
- Forklift certification considered an asset
- Overhead Crane certification considered an asset
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturday
- Able to provide their own transportation
Kiwi Newton Group encourages people to enjoy work and working with others, to be creative and effective in teams, to be reliable for other team members and to develop efficient work habits to serve customers well and deliver best value excellent buildings and structures.
Kiwi Newton Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants who consider themselves qualified.
Qualified candidates should email their resume or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please note that only candidates being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$32.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Welding: 2 years (preferred)
- Fitting: 2 years (preferred)
- Blueprint Reading: 2 years (preferred)