Christenson Communities is redefining what it means to 'Age in Place'. Our award winning Communities are a great fit to meet the lifestyle needs of today's Active Adults or for those who desire Retirement Living. Our communities are designed to offer fulfilling experiences with endless opportunities for connection, enrichment and personal growth. Christenson’s desire is to help its residents live the highest quality of life, especially as the needs of the resident evolves.
Christenson Communities has over 1,500 Retirement Living Suites located in Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Red Deer, Lacombe and Rocky Mountain House. Many of these Communities are integrated into Christenson's innovative "Urban Village" concept. These sustainable communities are planned with the future in mind, and offer active adults a choice of housing styles in a centrally located village with shopping, transit, and professional services situated around public parks.
We are currently seeking an Seniors Living Sales Consultant to join our team.
This exciting position provides the opportunity to join Alberta’s leading Active Adult and Retirement Living Company. Join a dynamic team to find, qualify and close the sales leads at one of our Edmonton Communities.
This role requires someone with strong persuasion and relationship-building abilities; a customer focused approach and enjoys helping people. They understand that everyone has unique needs. They will listen intently and quickly identify the best solution and lifestyle for each customer.
The Senior Living Sales Consultant will:
- Oversee the entire sales process by building relationships with prospective customers, and promote the unique advantages of leasing/renting in one of our Independent Living Suites.
- Build lasting relationships and trust with prospective residents, their families and other influencers by being the foremost expert on active adults and retirement living options.
- Use a customer focused selling approach to engage with prospects, qualify their unique needs and provide customized solutions.
- Work with the Executive Director and Wellness Manager to coordinate tours of the Community and highlight the advantages of Christenson Communities compared to other living options.
- Actively promote Christenson Communities by networking, outreach, marketing, attending senior’s activities, trade shows, and other external venues.
- Actively manage the prospect database using the provided CRM program(s) and other tools.
- Build strategic partnerships with contacts who work regularly with seniors – Eg: physicians, financial advisors, senior’s groups, and health clinics.
- Build and maintain relationships with the local community, current and prospective residents, managers, co-workers and support teams.
- Maintain Information Centers and Show Suites with up-to-date marketing material.
- Be innovative and provide “out of the box” thinking towards problem solving, speak up and provide ideas often.
- Be ‘best in class’ and always strive for improvement and excellence.
What we need from you:
- Three years or more of direct sales experience; Senior / retirement living sales, new home sales, MLS real estate, and/or leasing is preferred.
- Experience in seniors living is a major asset and will be strongly considered.
- Customer focused and relationship building emphasis to sales.
- Great listening skills and creative problem solving ability.
- Resourceful, self-motivated, results oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Able to handle adversity in a fast moving, quick changing environment.
- Able to receive instruction and direction.
- Experience and ability in common business applications, including CRM systems.
- Prepared to work evenings, weekends as needed due to networking events, trade shows, staff coverage or accommodating client/prospect schedule.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout Edmonton and area.
- Solid computer and social media skills.
- Some managerial experience is an asset.
- Live the Christenson Communities culture of helping seniors live a purposeful and engaging lifestyle.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive sales focused compensation.
- Support from the Director of Sales & Marketing, Marketing Coordinator, Executive Director and other Community Support staff.
- All the resources and training needed to get the job done.
- Benefits and Pension Package.
- Opportunity to work with an energetic team and a strong, well branded company.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Required)