260 Hunt Club Road, Ottawa
Ontario, Canada K1V 1C1
Web Application Developer (1 year contract)
SGL is seeking a skilled web application developer to complete a modernization process of
our business infrastructure. Primary duties will include gathering requirements based on
existing solutions; adapting the open-source Dolibarr ERP and CRM solutions to our
business needs; and building and deploying additional database applications to support and
enhance our internal business workflows. S/he will also work with other areas of the IT
team and business to continually evolve based on user feedback and ensure that in-house
applications and systems are meeting SGL’s requirements. The developer will ensure that
industry standard development practices are adhered to and ensure the output from all
development activities is manageable and supportable.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Gather functional requirements and identify new features;
- Adapt and modify open-source ERP solutions to business needs;
- Build business software applications from scratch focused on user centered design;
- Update and modernize legacy database applications with current tools;
- Develop technical and training manuals; and
- Troubleshoot and research to determine solutions to user and system issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven work experience developing web-based applications with one or more modern
- Demonstrated ability to work with users to determine application requirements and
solutions, with a problem-solving attitude;
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and
- Knowledge of current application development, deployment, and management
practices, including CI and DevOps tools such as Gitlab and Docker;
- Familiarity working with both front and back end software development;
- Excellent analytical and organization skills;
SPECIALIST S IN H IGH RESOLUT ION AIRBORNE GEOPH YSICS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field;
- Strong proficiency with relational databases and SQL;
- Proficient understanding of version control tools such as Git; and
- Experience with Dolibarr, Django, and Access databases a plus.
If you are interested or know a qualified person who would be interested, please forward their resume to
email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
Sander Geophysics is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for applicants with
disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, contact Human Resources
prior to your interview. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all
applicants for their interest.