We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Join our Canadian Architecture and Engineer team!
How will you contribute?
As the Lead Technical Product Manager , you will work closely with our delivery teams, Architects and Business Partners to help deliver solutions with our vendor on a data platform including but not limited to Data Tokenization, TDM , data obfuscation; to protect our customers and advisors PII data, as well as provide support for Data Residency issues.
You will collaborate and lead our client, customers, and vendor to help evolve the product and its use within Manulife!
- Define product goal and vision for Manulife, creating and evolving a strategy for protecting Manulife’s customers and their data.
- Create and evolve Product Roadmap.
- Have or develop a deep, technical understanding of the product offering . Uncover and understand customer needs , translating them into technical user stories.
- Optimize value delivered by resource partners/engineers , using Agile Methodology.
- Set goals within Global technology and risk strateg ies. Help mitigate risks and dependencies.
- Call out and track impediments leading to effective solutions.
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineers.
- Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other team members to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Ensure adherence to Manulife’s Engineering practices and procedures for currency, patching and upgrades.
- Work with p artners and vendor on Product Management and program execution for operational excellence.
- Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos.
Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices.
Proficiencies for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related experience
- 5+ years’ experience leading large delivery teams; Agile delivery is a definite asset.
- Open minded with a continuous growth approach is a requirement; confident to challenge the status quo and follow-through with appropriate tact.
- Understanding of Scaled-Agile practices; SAFe ™ RTE certification is an asset.
- Understanding of Design Thinking practices, with a focus on Customer Centricity.
- Strong leadership skills to build relationships among team members to achieve results; comfortable leading cross-functional teams.
- Proactive self-starter who will comfortably move forward in the face of ambiguity.
- Strong business and technical competence and integrity, excellent presentation abilities with proven communication skills both verbal and written.
What can we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
Professional development and leadership opportunities.
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all partners and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .
The annual base salary for this role is listed below.
Salary range is expected to be between
$105,070.00 CAD - $195,130.00 CAD
If you are applying for this role outside of the primary location, please contact [email protected] for the salary range for your location. The actual salary will vary depending on local market conditions, geography and relevant job-related factors such as knowledge, skills, qualifications, experience, and education/training. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in incentive programs and earn incentive compensation tied to business and individual performance.
Manulife offers eligible employees a wide array of customizable benefits, including health, dental, mental health, vision, short- and long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance coverage, adoption/surrogacy and wellness benefits, and employee/family assistance plans. We also offer eligible employees various retirement savings plans (including pension and a global share ownership plan with employer matching contributions) and financial education and counseling resources. Our generous paid time off program in Canada includes holidays, vacation, personal, and sick days, and we offer the full range of statutory leaves of absence. If you are applying for this role in the U.S., please contact [email protected] for more information about U.S.-specific paid time off provisions.