The Dawson Group is comprised of multiple companies serving British Columbia, including Dawson Construction and Eagle Rock Construction, Dawson Road Maintenance, and IRL International Truck Centres & Idealease.
Dawson Road Maintenance Ltd. efficiently maintains public local roads, main highways, and bridges in accordance to the specifications set out by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI). Utilizing highly trained personnel, innovative technologies and products, a diverse fleet of specialized maintenance equipment, and real time weather forecasting; Dawson Road Maintenance works hard to continuously apply maintenance where and when it is needed. We provide these services to ensure British Columbians are safely connected, every day.
In this role you will be a valued member at Dawson Road Maintenance, working as a permanent, full-time Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Division Manager, Administration. This role provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. This position supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Your base location will be Smithers, BC.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Prioritize safety of self and others in all aspects of the job
- Efficiently answer and direct phone calls, and greet visitors
- Update social media platforms
- Monitor weather reports and communicate weather alerts
- Keep all yards up to date on potential environmental dangers (ie. fire ratings, snowfall, etc.)
- Payroll data entry including tracking vacation time and employee hours
- Create, coordinate and manage schedules for meetings and travel, reserve and organize rooms at various motels, hotels as travel needs for employees as required
- Compile and deliver all required reports such as incident records, routine work reports, rockfall, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Business Administration Certificate
- 2 years experience in the road maintenance industry
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum Class 5 BC Driver License
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Familiarity with local area roads and weather conditions
Looking to be a key member of a well-established family-owned company? Our core values include: People First, Integrity, Respect and Excellence and as such we are committed to providing an environment that supports the growth and effectiveness of our employees and the organization. You will work for a company that offers an excellent compensation package, pension, and medical benefits, as well as learning and long-term advancement opportunities.
The Dawson Group is expanding, and we need people like you to join us on our journey to help us continue safely connecting our communities.
Apply now to start the conversation!
The Dawson Group uses a centralized application service- please apply electronically as paper resumes will not be accepted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- road maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 2 years (Preferred)