Aquaculture Technician - Facilities
The Center for Aquaculture Technologies, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking an Aquaculture Technician to assist in the daily operations of its Facility in Victoria, PE. This is a full-time, Permanentposition with the successful candidate reporting to the Aquaculture Manager.
The successful candidate will be a key member of CATC Facilities team with the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the daily operations of the aquarium facilities in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Assists in setting up and decommissioning of aquatic systems.
- Weekend work and after hours on call on a rotating basis with other facility staff
- General aquarium husbandry and feeding of fish
- Assisting with sampling and grading events
- Room to grow within a progressive aquaculture research company
Essential skills/ experience/ competencies:
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
- Physically able to handle tasks that could include lifting (up to 50 Lbs), bending and climbing.
- Self‐motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi‐task.
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Aquaculture experience is considered an asset but not required.
Commitment to CAT’s Core Purpose: Dedication to and passion for CAT’s core purpose: We are driven by the transformative potential of aquaculture. To feed the world, support the environment, and sustain the planet. Our purpose is to unlock this potential.
CAT offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $18-20/hour
Closing date: July 30, 2022
Please apply via our website at www.aquatechcenter.com/careers
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)