EPSS’s Pillar Program is recruiting for casual positions in our residential homes. Some of these positions will be night awake.
When submitting resume and cover letter, please include the types of complex needs worked with i.e. Autism, FASD, Addictions and the number of months/years’ experience.
Providing support to individuals with a developmental delay with a variety of complex needs which includes:
- Mental Health
- Behavioural Issues
- Multi-System Involvement - example: the legal system
- Routine housekeeping tasks
- Meal planning and preparation
- Accessing community activities and resources
- Decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong knowledge of behaviour supports
- Working well with a team
- Conflict resolution
- Critical thinking
A minimum of 3 years paid work history in a residential setting preferably with individuals with developmental disabilities and complex service needs which includes predominantly some of the following diagnosis:
- Mental Health
- Challenging behaviours and behaviour support plans
When submitting a resume and cover letter, please include the types of complex needs worked with i.e. Autism, FASD, Addictions and the number of months/years’ experience.
A diploma or degree in Human Services with the applicable experience with the target population is preferred, however; years of experience combined with other relevant courses or training will be considered in lieu of the diploma or degree.
Wages and Benefits:
Starting wage is $24.25/hour. Group Benefits and RRSP for all full-time positions will commence after three months.
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter including the types of complex needs worked with i.e. Autism, FASD, Addictions and the number of months/years’ experience.
- To this Indeed Ad
- Fax: 403-346-3444 (attention: Pillar Program)
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $24.25 /hour
- paid applicable work: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Emergency First Aid CPR/AED Level A (Preferred)
- Criminal Record Check (Preferred)