(This is an unpaid VOLUNTEER Position to start immediately)
We are looking for Talented Video Editor(s) to assemble recorded footage into finished products that match our Artistic director’s vision, end user requirements, the Festival Group look and feel and is suitable for broadcasting to all our channels and platforms.
The successful Candidate(s) will be responsible for editing and assembling recorded raw material into a suitable, finished product ready for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- You must be able to easily manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- You must be able to take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
You must be able to review shooting script (or production script) and/or raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Online Portfolio (Please Provide Viewing Link)
- Must be a Time and Self Managed Telecommuter and meet Deadlines
- Extreme Attention to Detail
- Highly Organized
- Ability to use Online Collaboration Apps
- You MUST be able to Download Footage with NO help from us
- You must know how to sort footage and be at ease explaining your process
- You must be able to meet Deadlines before or on specified milestones
- Must have Dropbox 1TB, Google 1TB or Storage on your Computer up to 70Gigs per LiveRead
- Able to Read and Understand a Screenplay that matches the Live Script Read
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Know how to Sync Dialogue to Visuals (sync Audio to Video)
- Edit to Continuity (from beginning to end) into a complete Rough Cut
- Trim footage into 4-5 Minute Segments (in Sequence)
- Create Final cuts
- Input music, graphics and/or effects
- Implement Industry best practices to maximize efficiency, yet stay creative
- Show your work progress weekly and stay focused
- Proven work experience as a video editor or Junior editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages
- (Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Adobe Premiere, After Effects)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Degree in film studies, cinematography with a specialty in editing and/or a related field and/or relative experience and/or working towards certification
What We Offer
- Co-op Hours and Experience for High School, College/ University Students, Job Seekers
- References, Letters of Recommendation (if position is completed to our Standards)
- Valuable and Related Job and Professional Development Experience
- Create a Network with Like-minded People
- Enjoy a Respectful, Creative Environment and Mentoring
- Please send a LINK to your Editing Work that clearly shows YOU are the Editor
- All Volunteers must provide Government I.D. for liability purposes that includes your home address (Please visit: https://www.ontario.ca/page/acceptable-identity-documents for a list of acceptable government I.D.
- If interested, we invite you to submit your resume directly to: reelheartvolunteers (at) gmail.com
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Volunteer, Freelance, ...
- Video Uploading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Completed Editing Projects: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Downloading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Video Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)