Since 1992, Parkland Manufacturing Ltd. has delivered the highest quality custom steel fabrications to customers in a broad range of industry sectors. From our 10,000 sq. ft. facility in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan we fabricate custom steel structures up to 22,000+ lb pieces using carbon, stainless steel and specialty metals.
We have an additional 12,000 sq. ft. of production space which houses a “state of the art” robotic high definition plasma cutting machine to complement the 10,000 sq. ft. custom steel fabrication facility and 4,800 sq. ft. paint shop. Parkland Manufacturing Ltd. now has 27,000 sq. ft. of steel fabrication facilities on seven acres of land in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan. We still have plenty of room to grow—and here’s your opportunity to be a part of our leadership team.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be generating accurate estimates of time, materials and outsides services from the interpretation of detailed manufacturing drawings. You will then coordinate with shop managers and sales to ensure quality, product delivery. It is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. This position is situated in Esterhazy, SK.
- Prepare and submit quotations for customers utilizing our ERP software system
- Solicit pricing and analyze costs for all labour, equipment and materials
- Review quotations and work with shop managers & sales representatives to ensure accuracy, deliveries and details of quality product
- Establish schedule on estimated milestone progress dates, completion timelines and completion dates
- Encourage relationships through communication to customers and material/ services providers relating to project specifics, purchasing, follow-up on status and incoming & outgoing deliveries.
- Experience in estimating/quoting and/or Project management in a manufacturing organization
- Proven ability to read and understand weld symbols/processes in blueprints
- Strong computer skills and an aptitude for learning new software programs
- Intermediate experience with drafting and purchasing is a definite asset
- Understanding or experience in machining an asset
- Outgoing personality that includes good written and verbal communication to all levels internal & external
- Ability to analyze information and provide attention to detail
With this opportunity, Parkland Manufacturing offers a competitive Total Compensation Package including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit program.
If this is the right job for you, please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Tamara Johnson. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for Parkland Manufacturing.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)