WHY WORK AT GLOBAL PAYMENTS?
In order to attract and retain the best people we offer a comprehensive set of rewards which are fair and market oriented. Our definition of reward includes not only compensation but our investment in your career growth and development.
- Vacation & paid time off;
- Work from home opportunities;
- Employee assistance programs;
- Company events & social hours;
- Subsidised gym membership;
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is the catalyst behind Global Payments Canada (“GPC”) success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the BDR is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects. Business Development Representatives set appointments with business owners to educate them about GPC’s payment processing solution(s). They do this by prospecting over the phone, face-to-face, through their networks, and building referral partnerships.
The role of a Business Development Representative is to close sales of our business solutions with merchants throughout the area. They work closely with the local Division Manager to set appointments with business owners over the phone, face-to-face, through their network, and via referral partnerships. They run scheduled appointments, uncover needs, and present Global Payments’ solutions to close sales in our target markets.
What makes a great Direct Sales Representative?
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Thinking
- Targeting and developing sales opportunities
- Assuming responsibility for delivering the sales quota, which includes managing sales
- cycles, conversion metrics, and a rolling sales pipeline.
- Managing partnerships (Banks, Associations, VARS, and other partner relationships) and
- ensure proper service to the partners
- Prospecting and running dynamic sales presentations
- Explaining our value proposition to clients
- Closing sales of our payment processing services
- Educating merchants and business owners on the payment processing industry
- Maintaining regular communication with the Division Manager
- Excellent prospecting, resourcefulness, communication, presentation and networking
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Incentive-driven sales “hunter”
- Professional demeanor and impeccable integrity
- High sense of urgency and innate sales talent
- Must enjoy cold-calling and speaking with people face to face
- Experience dealing directly with small to mid-sized, local business owners and decision makers
- Experience closing in a fast sales cycle
- Experience in a performance based compensation model
- Previous Top Performer status in an outside sales position
- Proven track record of pipeline development and closing sales
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Computer literacy
- Membership in a business or merchant association or a networking group a plus
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years outside sales experience. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in the B2B sales environment.
- Bilingual in French and English
- PC skills and the ability to work with Word and Excel or other similar software, e-mail and the Internet.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously so that sales results remain consistent from one month to the next. Strong selling skills to close around objections. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take charge and complete objectives.
- Entrepreneurial orientation, customer focus and strong work ethic. Pro-active thinker. Ability to develop "innovative approaches" to problem solving.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including effective speaking before groups.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
- outside sales: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Required)