REYES TAM LAW PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION is looking to add a dependable, adaptable and highly organized individual to assist a lawyer in a busy personal injury practice.
This is a part-time hybrid remote position (1-2 days in person/month) with room for growth into a full-time position.
2+ years experience with accident benefits/personal injury practice is preferred.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to be resourceful, organized, and work with minimal instruction or supervision;
- The ability to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed;
- The ability to be proactive and take initiative in anticipation of the next steps on an assigned task;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) when dealing with lawyers, clients, and third parties
- Excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading skills, strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and One Drive
- Completing initial file opening tasks;
- Obtaining information from clients;
- Requesting records;
- Maintaining client relations via email, letters and phone calls;
- Preparing medical and document briefs;
- Booking and notifying clients about medical legal appointments;
- Preparing legal documents such as Affidavit of Documents, Notice of Examinations and Discovery Plans;
- Completing undertaking and refusal requests;
- Booking examinations for discovery, settlement conferences, mediations;
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 15-25 per week
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Work from home 15-25 hours per week with flexibility, casual dress
- Applicant should be able to work remotely with access to own PC computer, Microsoft Office and internet.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Markham, ON L3R 0B8