Job Title: Accounts Receivable Assistant
Location: Dajcor Aluminum Ltd., 155 Irwin Street, Chatham, ON
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Accounts Receivable Assistant must comply with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare invoices after reviewing packing slips. File the invoices with all supporting documents.
- Review revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by contacting customers, reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepare and collect documents needed for credit application review of new customers, notify supervisor with collection issues and recommend change in status if required.
- Reconcile AR Ledger and sub ledger accounts
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop shipments, credit memos
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Receives, classifies and receipts money for the purpose of recording financial transactions in the proper records.
- Assists with Accounts Payable; Review vendor pack lists, enter into the ERP system and voucher vendor invoices
- Maintains financial information, files and records (e.g. copies of paid invoices, checks, document vendor files, receipts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Completes documentation in preparation for full audits, and assists auditors in finding necessary records.
Work Experience, Education & Skills
- 1 year accounting experience
- Accounting diploma or degree from community college or university
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
Job Type: Full-time