At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next... and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
The incumbent will report to the Controller and will be responsible for performing full cycle accounting; monthly/ quarterly financial closing including balance sheets, profit and loss activity, journal entries, and reconciliations.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Preparing financial data for inputing into finance systems, and generating reports; performing calculations using spreadsheet applications.
- Responsible for effectively researching, and resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Preparing regularly scheduled journal entries, reports, analysis, inventories, and financial statements.
- Reviewing expenditure and purchasing documents for accuracy, and compliance with established procedures.
- Analyzing, reconciling, balancing, and maintaining accounting records and special financial reports.
- Preparing reviews, processing revenue, expense, and payroll related entries and preparing account reconciliations of intermediate complexity.
- Interacting with other departments regarding finance policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with personnel and management.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and/or equivalent related experience and training.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and standard bookkeeping practices.
- Command of ERP systems issues - knowledge of Retalix/Power Enterprise/Power Warehouse is a plus.
- 3-5 years full-cycle accounting experience.
- Retail Food Distribution Experience.
- Fixed Assets Authorization Process
- Sales Agreements (Rebates)
- Account balancing and reconciling.
- Working with large blocks of data.
- Advanced abilities with Excel (pivot tables, lookups, macros).
- Excellent inter-personal skills; able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of the organization.
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Agreements (Rebates): 3 years (Preferred)
- Fixed Assets Authorization Process: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)