-Must have access to travel to multiple locations
-Must have previous retail management experience
Little Burgundy is a hip, branded footwear retailer with its own unique style for discerning tastes. With over 36 stores across Canada, Little Burgundy offers the best brands on the market like adidas, Converse, Nike, Vans and Herschel Supply.
Manage all activities necessary to the efficient operation of the store, more particularly, to provide prompt and courteous service to customers in order to maximize sales and customer service, so as to promote the company’s image of quality and professionalism.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Recruit qualified professional people and communicate all pertinent information to Payroll department before actually hiring.
- Train the personnel through development programs in order to answer the immediate and future needs of the company.
- Conduct Monthly Performance Reviews.
- Establish weekly sales objectives for store and personnel.
- Communicate stock replenishment needs to District Manager, as well as Distribution and Buying departments.
- Ensure that all merchandise is properly ticketed and attractively displayed and appoint people responsible for each section of the store.
- Is responsible for adherence to all loss prevention and security policies, as well as credit policies and procedures, i.e. credit and debit cards, employee purchases, discounts, deposits, returns and exchanges.
- Manage administrative systems and procedures efficiently and in accordance with company policies.
- Utilize the systems and procedures for inventory control.
- Ensure store operates within its predetermined budget (i.e. salary, inventory, expenses, etc.).
- Ensure stockroom is neat and well organized, Recalls are properly executed and controls damages and mixes according to company policies.
- Ensure that all personnel practice professional salesmanship within the guidelines of the company, in order to achieve maximum sales and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. • Promote total customer service in a friendly way and as the most important consideration in every transaction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Related work experience: two years of selling experience (retail or service industry)
- General work experience of equivalent formal education: high school or equivalent
- Other qualifications: strong leadership skills, ability to create an atmosphere that is conducive to the healthy development of team spirit, ability to motivate people in order to achieve sales objectives, excellent communication skills, bilingualism as required, service-oriented, fashion-oriented, willing to work retail hours, and initiative.
PRE-APPLICATION DISCLOSURES Equal employment opportunity is provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, physical or mental disability of otherwise qualified individuals, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or registered domestic/civil union partner status, gender identity and/or expression, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment and hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reductions in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Any applicant or employee who needs a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment or to perform the essential functions of his or her job should email [email protected] or call (615)367-7467. Genesco’s employment practices will continue to be directed toward full utilization of all available human resources. We believe that this approach to our human resources is not only legally and morally proper, but also is an intelligent and economic business practice
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- retail management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person