Key Account Manager - Canada
HARIBO is an international market leader in the fruit gum and jellies sector over 100 years of history and been known especially for hero product HARIBO Gold Bear. Haribo is available in Canada, passionate to grow further and make consumers in Canada happier …. Everyday again.
Primary objective is to drive HARIBO’s sales strategy though a specific customer base. The KAM is directly responsible for the relationship, sales results and trade spend budget for their customer base. Tasked with driving growth through long term sales drivers including maximizing distribution, increasing share of shelf, improving quality of planogram, expanding reach into seasonal, off-shelf display and promotional efficiency and effectiveness. Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills are required to achieve KPI results and put forth strong business plans. Solid skill set in communication and presenting, to customer base, distributor partner and internal stakeholders, is crucial to success in this role.
This position reports to the Country Manager – Canada
· Developing and sustain solid relationships with account base, at all levels
· Achieve KPI’s through execution of account plans and brand strategies
· Manage trade funds to support marketing and promotional plans
· Accurate forecasting for a dynamic category and innovation
· Monitor market, category, channel, and consumer trends and maintain data on competitor activity within account base
· Regular meetings, trade visits and contact with account base
· Collaborate with HARIBO internal teams to align with brand and category objectives and develop go-to-market retail strategy to deliver executional excellence
· Develop and implement annual business plans including volume objectives, trade spend requirements, strategies which are consistent with HARIBO brand and corporate strategies, opportunities, and risks
· Work with broker partner and Trade Marketing Manager to provide post-promotional analysis to understand ROI and competitive activity
· Coordinate and communicate all relevant account program information to broker partner retail field team to achieve desired results (planogram compliance, display placement, promotional execution, in-store inventory, bookings, pricing)
· Solve unanticipated issues during planning / execution.
· Designing suitable Merchandizing Strategy with an objective to drive visibility and execution at the store level.
· Maintain an accurate and current pipeline of opportunities and provide real time visibility of such to Haribo management
Key Performance Indicators
· Achieve net sales, distribution, display and seasonal program targets
· Deliver above targets within targeted trade spend rate
· Improve HARIBO share of shelf and quality of placement on shelf
Key Competencies and Qualifications
· Strategic thinker and hands-on capability
· Ability to tell a holistic story verse taking a transactional approach
· Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes with both internal and external contacts
· Working knowledge of trade promotion management and customer and business impact
· High motivation as well as passion and strong learning/adaptability
· Open minded, flexible with strong self-motivation
· Innovative and solution-oriented mindset
· Attention to detail in execution and follow up
· Pro-active, and self-responsible
· Good analytical skills, experienced in setting up structure and workflows
· Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, good networking skills and ability to work with team & supervisor in different locations.
· Thorough understanding of the retail landscape in Grocery, Drug, Mass, and C&G channels in Canada
· Required Experience: 5+ years Key Account Management in CPG / FMCG field across Canada. Trade marketing and confectionary experience is a plus. Ideal experience from FMCG Industry
· Qualifications: University Degree
· Work location: Toronto
· Travel required: up to 25%
· Fluent written and spoken English is essential; French and German is a bonus.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-12-01