JOIN THE TEAM
"Cascade Aerospace is one of Canada’s leading specialty aerospace and defence contractors- a place where we do cool things for great customers!” We invite you to consider a career with us- come, experience our creative, innovative, and performance-based company!
Cascade is looking for one (1) dedicated and enthusiastic Quality Control Supervisor. The Quality Control Supervisor ensures Cascade Aerospace’s compliance with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR’s), DND Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM),International Standards Organization – Aerospace Standards (ISO-AS), Cascade policy and procedures, and customer requirements.
This position will require immediate Controlled Goods security clearance, therefore only Canadian Citizens and or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1) Strive to consistently act in a manner in which reflects Cascade Aerospace’s culture and values.
- Complete work on time, and in the highest attainable quality.
- Treat customers and co-workers with sensitivity and respect.
- Assist internal and external customers in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Enhance existing skills and develop new skills through continuous learning.
- Provide input to the Operations Management team regarding the QC activity, analysis and related trending.
2) Ensure Cascade Aerospace’s compliance with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CAR’s), DND Technical Airworthiness Manual (TAM) and to the company’s manuals with respect to the quality control aspects of work being performed within the operation.
- Oversight of operational day to day activities related to the functions of Quality Control, to ensure compliance to the applicable regulatory, company policies, procedures and customer requirements.
- Conduct Work In Progress reviews following the operational parameters set in place.
- Make personnel aware of any compliance discrepancies that exist within their shop or work area.
- Mentor/Coach personnel on immediate corrective action activity to address any non-compliance.
3) Provide guidance with root cause analysis and corrective action planning for active findings through:
- Input from SMEs to provide value added solutions that aid quick turn finding resolution.
- Assist stakeholders with the development and continuous improvement of Cascade processes.
4) Maintain and monitor trend analysis:
- Evaluate non-conformance trends and provide information regarding suggested improvements.
- Provide QC guidance training to company employees.
- Liaise with Operations Management to discuss trend data and suggest key areas for continued focus.
- Provide input to managements operational quarterly reviews.
5) Be familiar with and ensure that all workplace conduct is in accordance with Cascade Aerospace’s Human Resource policies and procedures.
6) Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail: written reports and statistical analysis
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint are preferred
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- AME M2 License or approved equivalent
- Minimum 10 years as a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer; or foreign or military equivalent.
- Two years or more experience conducting work in progress audits of maintenance and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of ISO9001/AS9110/AS9100, CARS, TAM, SMS, Maintenance and Manufacturing Regulations and Standards established by Transport Canada and the Department of National Defence
REASONS TO APPLY
- Employee retention and engagement is important to Cascade, we value our employees;
- Competitive salary, Extended benefits, and Employee Resilience Program (all 100% paid by Cascade) are offered after 3 months employment;
- Pension matching of 3% offered after 6 months employment;
- 3 weeks paid vacation;
- ATO (approved training organization) provides Endorsement (type) training & development;
- Company-wide social events and family functions throughout the year;
- Relocation Package available for qualifying candidates
Cascade Aerospace Inc. is a dynamic, privately-held Canadian specialty aerospace and defence contractor focused on providing long-term integrated aircraft support programs for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), military, government and commercial customers.
All employees are encouraged to realize their true potential and play an active role in fostering an environment of safety, quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. We are a diverse organization that strives to be respectful and inclusive of everyone and to treat employees fairly and equally.
At Cascade Aerospace we strongly believe in the value of teaming - with our employees, our customers, our suppliers, and our communities. It is by "Teaming with the best" and working collaboratively with our many partners that we are able to offer custom-tailored solutions for each customer's unique requirements. Our value proposition is that we build enduring customer relationships, and our strategic focus is customer satisfaction. It is a driver in all our decisions
Cascade Aerospace is committed to the principle of Employment Equity. Creating an environment where diverse perspectives are valued begins with self-declaration. Count yourself in and self-declare by identifying which employment equity group(s) you belong to. In order to self-declare, please ensure to indicate this in your application, cover letter, or resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- This position requires Controlled Goods clearance immediately upon hire. What is your work status? (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Require Sponsorship to work in Canada)
- What are your wage expectations?
- licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer: 1 year (preferred)
- AME M2 License (preferred)