Registered Veterinary Technician
Are you looking to bring your skills to the next level with a dynamic team? Have you ever thought about working in a busy ER Animal hospital? If so, Metro Animal Emergency Clinic located in Dartmouth; NS is looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician to join our amazing, diverse & growing team!
Metro Animal Emergency Clinic is a 24-hour Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care facility serving the Halifax Regional Municipality and surrounding communities. We are actively seeking skilled and experienced Registered Veterinary Technicians to join our well-established team. Our patients consist primarily of dogs and cats, but we also see rabbits, pocket pets, and a variety of exotics. We enjoy an inclusive work environment, strong interpersonal relationships, a thirst for knowledge, and a collaborative team mentality.
What to Expect:
- Friendly/Inclusive Culture: Our team treats each other with respect and kindness. We strive to ensure everyone feels welcome.
- Appreciation: Our staff truly values each individual team member for who they are and each unique experience they bring to the team.
- Sustainability: As our industry changes, smaller, doctor-led community practices are becoming rarer and rarer. We are constantly enhancing our model and growth strategy.
About the Role:
- Have a keen interest in emergency medicine, anesthesia & analgesia, and ICU nursing care.
- Display excellent technical skills, particularly with blood collection and IV placement, as well as urine and blood microscopy.
- Be critical thinkers, excellent communicators, and lifelong students.
- Have compassionate, helpful, positive, and engaging attitudes.
- Be willing and able to work shifts that include overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Excel in a busy, but satisfying, supportive, and fun workplace.
- Performing various diagnostic test (administer and analyze)
- Assist Veterinarians with surgical and therapeutic procedures.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Including all tasks authorized and attributed to Veterinary Technologist professionals.
- Have graduated from an accredited VT program
- Have successfully passed the VTNE
- He licensed with, or eligible for licensing with the NSVMA
- Have 2+yrs recent experience in general or emergency practice.
- Well-developed communication skills
- A strong work ethic within a team and independently
All interested candidates, please apply online or submit your CV to Marni Hill - Recruiter for MAEC - [email protected]
MAEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disabled status, or genetic information. We are creating an environment for all qualified applicants, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have at least 2 years of clinical experience working as a Registered Veterinary Technician?
Work Location: In person