We are looking for enthusiastic and friendly individual to join our team at Brew + Bloom!
Brew + Bloom provides a unique dining experience, focused around high quality foods combined with a beautiful floral atmosphere and superior customer service. We are looking for applicants with a strong reliable work ethic that share our passion for fine cuisine and above and beyond hospitality. Come join our team and be part of a first of its kind floral Restaurant in Canada with lots of room for growth!
We are looking for experienced applicants for our ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER position
Applicant should have Restaurant and or Management experience. Restaurant Manager or experience in other Leadership roles is considered an asset.
- Must have proven leadership skills with the ability to train and motivate others to a superior level of customer service and adherence to all company policies
- A strong work ethic, great team player, regular/reliable attendance and a high level of honesty and integrity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Ensure quality guest dining experiences
- Quality control in food, beverage and service standards
- Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations
- Running front of the house operations of the restaurant: Supervise all FOH staff (Servers, Hosts, Baristas, etc)
Shift Flow Management
Monitoring Ticket Times
Conducting Table Touches
Managing Guest Complaints
Creating Shift Log-ins and Log-outs
Serve Tables If Needed
- Assist in creating FOH schedules and maintaining adequate FOH staffing
- Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
- Conducting interviews for FOH staff and arranging for new employees’ proper onboarding.
- Gather guests’ feedback and recommend improvements to FOH operations.
- Provide replies to online reviews
- Ensure restaurant cleanliness and assist in site maintenance
- Provide mentorship to FOH staff and supervisors
- Assist in financial aspects from budgets to P&L
- Foster a fun, friendly, family-oriented environment
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Restaurant Assistant Manager or similar role in a high volume setting.
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable.
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Adequate math and reporting skills
- Customer service attitude
- Communication and team management abilities
- Availability to work within operational hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
- High school diploma; additional certification in hospitality is a plus
- Display a passion for food and service
- Supportive, approachable leadership style
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person