REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Relevant Trades designation, Electrical or Mechanical (proof required)
- Dual ticket (Electrical/Mechanical) is an asset
- Troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge Preventative Maintenance software would be an asset
- Experience working within an automotive or food manufacturing environment
RESPONSIBILITIES - Mechanical:
- Performs repairs requiring a thorough knowledge of pumps, valves, electric and pneumatic actuators, motors, gears, hydraulics, mechanical drives, speed reducers and other related equipment
- Analyzes by troubleshooting, all types of mechanical and related equipment, and making recommendations on a course of action for the repair or replacement of equipment.
- Interprets Operating & Maintenance (O&M) manuals, diagrams, schematics, prints and recommends revisions
- Organizes, coordinates, and works with external contractors while performing maintenance or repairs to equipment, including the inspection of completed work to ensure it conforms to Regional Standards and industry best practices
- Responds to emergency equipment failures, troubleshoots equipment and diagnosing problems, identifies needed resources and makes repair or works with contractors to complete work
- Provides support services to the Region’s Special Project Group to assist with project implementation and the start-up and commissioning of equipment
- Maintains a good working relationship with all colleagues, customers and contractors through collaboration, communication and application of conflict resolution skills
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to record all work performed, source equipment parts, equipment history, and modify and update work status as required
RESPONSIBILITIES - Electrical:
- Under general supervision repairs, installs, maintains, and tests industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls, such as motors, transformers, wiring, switches, and alarm systems, used for the generation, distribution and utilization of electric energy in an industrial establishment
- Installs, calibrates, operates and ensures the proper maintenance of Programmable Logic Controls for manufacturing equipment according to technical manuals and verbal and written instructions
- Locates, determines and diagnoses electrical malfunctions in the plant and repairs
- Develops and conducts preventative maintenance programs and keeps maintenance records
- Tests electrical equipment for safety and efficiency
- Inspects circuits and wiring for appropriate shielding and grounding
- Other related duties as required
- Ensures all work complies with Safety Standards and all Applicable codes
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
This role is part of a team of 16 plus skilled trades professionals. You are required to work shift work (12 hour shifts, days and nights) on a rotational basis.
Pilkington offers competitive compensation, extended health & dental benefits and Company sponsored pension plan. Opportunity for overtime with our current projects.
Thank you for your interest in Pilkington Glass of Canada Ltd. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Pilkington Glass of Canada Ltd./NSG Group is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code and any similar Provincial legislative requirements throughout Canada. All applicants must make their requirements known when contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Millwright or Electrician: 4 years (Preferred)
- Millwright or Electrician (Required)