Speech Language Pathologist
Permanent Full Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Speech Language Pathologists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) is responsible for providing direct clinical care including assessment and therapy to patients of Mackenzie Health in need of SLP services throughout the hospital.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Assessment, treatment, consultation and education of communication disorders (i.e. aphasia, apraxia, dysarthria, cognitive-communication impairment).
- Dysphagia management including screening, assessment, treatment, and education.
- Ability to work collaboratively with professional colleagues, within and across professions.
- Prior hospital experience in stroke rehabilitation is an asset.
What must you have?
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited and recognized university.
- Membership in good standing with the College of Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
What else do you bring?
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience in conducting clinical swallowing evaluations.
- Experience in conducting and analyzing video-fluoroscopic swallowing (VFSS) studies.
- Ability to provide clinical education in the form of in-services as well as patient and/or family education
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and can effectively lead clinical inter-professional teams.
- Highly developed conflict resolution skills.
- Well-developed ability to organize daily activities and priorities.
- Effective communication skills, engages others, and is a reflective listener and learner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and be flexible with change and be able to set priorities and problem-solve.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work collaboratively with professional colleagues, within and across professions.
- Experience in supervising students is an asset.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- OSLA or SAC Membership an asset.
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Speech Language Pathologist minimum, preferred.
- Experience working with a stroke population.
- Prior experience in a rehabilitation setting is an asset.
- Prior experience in an acute care setting is an asset.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health