Sweet Tooth Creamery is looking for Ice Cream Servers. This role requires you to work weekdays and weekends for a total of about 20-30+ hrs/week starting in mid-April and continuing into September 2019.
Please apply with your resume and availability before April 30, 2019. If your qualifucations and availability fit our requirements, we will contact you for an interview.
Ice Cream Server
The ice cream server’s role is to ensure that each and every customer is served in a friendly, professional, and timely manner. This includes greeting customers as they enter the store, processing customer orders through the POS system, and fulfilling customer orders including scooping ice cream and gelato, making frozen yogurt milkshakes and floats. This person will process customer transactions, resolve customer issues, and maintain the store by assessing and completing necessary cleaning tasks. The ice cream server is the last “face” the customer sees, leaving a lasting impression of the store.
- Greet all customers in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Fulfill customer requests and orders
- Prep and serve all offered ice cream and gelato products, frozen yogurts, milkshakes and floats
- Record customer orders into the POS System, process order payment and issue change as required
- Identify customer issues/complaints and take necessary steps to correct them
- Accept supplier deliveries, count received products and check for order accuracy, note any shorted items and sign the invoice
- Keep the store stocked with all necessary items and continuously update the freezer inventory sheet
- Clean and organize the store when not serving customers and as part of daily close out duties
- Maintain and clean the dipping cabinets and keep frost levels down and eliminate cross-contamination
- Notify management of all customer and POS system issues
- Resolve any customer concerns or issues as they arise and deliver the best possible customer service
- Make promotional and marketing posts on STC’s Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Read and update the STC Communication Journal
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Previous Experience: Preferred
- Reliable Transportation
- Be available to work weekends and at least 3 week days or/and evenings
- Must be Facebook and Instagram literate. Previous marketing experience is preferred.
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification is preferred. Upon being hired, all servers must attain Food Safe Level 1 certification from Fraser Health prior to starting work. This usually takes one day to complete, but there may be wait lists to take this course
- Able to use POS system
- Able to lift minimum of 10 lbs or 11.4L equivalent ice cream tub
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $12.65 /hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)