Ceanesse Ltd. is looking for a wood working machine operator to run CNC router and / or edgebanding equipment.
Engineered job files for kitchen cabinets or custom millwork projects are being processed through our CNC work centers. This process includes loading and unloading of the machines, labeling of cabinet parts, pulling sheet goods out of the warehouse ahead of time following the schedule.
After parts have been cut parts need to be separated for edgebanding.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures all manufactured components meet quality and production targets.
- Performs machine setups (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle.
- Controls and adjusts the functions and settings of machines (e.g. speed).
- Maintain tools, tooling, equipment, and working area
- Willingness to continually improve and update skills
- Must be able to read and interpret specifications and/or follow written and verbal instructions
- Follow production schedule
- Multi-tasking; running production on multiple machines (CNC / edgebander) at the same time when necessary
- General production shop duties, required from time to time
Qualifications and Skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- A very good eye for detail and the ability to use precision measuring tools
- A strong mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills
- Confidence in skills and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work effectively and safely under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment
- Physically fit, must be able to safely lift a minimum of 20kg
- Punctual and reliable
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and sometimes stressful environment
- Forklift license is an asset
- extended benefits plan after 6month (50/50 split)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Woodworking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Victoria, BC (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Preferred)
- English (Required)