Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love. We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Coca-Cola Life™, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
About This Opportunity
As a Plant Controls Specialist, you will report into the Maintenance Manager and be based out of Brampton, ON.
*Day Shift, starting at 8 AM to 4 PM or 9 AM to 5 PM.\*
- Maintain Allen-Bradley hardware and software: PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Networks and various electrical systems
- Maintains and troubleshoots controls for production equipment from various suppliers
- Identifies and prioritizes controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance within a facility
- Develops and maintains electrical and controls system documentation
- Execute small and medium projects involving PLC 5, SLC 500, Controls Logix, Panel View Plus and Allen Bradley VFDs
- Maintain industrial networks such as DeviceNet and Remote I/O
- Maintain and troubleshoot production equipment from various suppliers
- Quickly identify root causes of problems, as mechanical, controls or joint problems and coordinate resources necessary to address them
- Develop control software to achieve the balance between mechanical and controls changes to effectively handle all containers
- Provide the proper training in Controls and Electricity to the Maintenance Technicians for the purpose of minimizing the production down time
- Plan and execute projects in a manner which minimizes downtime
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in industrial environments or minimum 8 years of work experience in industrial environments without a college degree
- 10 years of work experience in industrial environments (preferred)
- Proficiency in Allen-Bradley PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and Networks (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Remote IO, Data Highway Plus, and Ethernet) (preferred)
- Experience with various Human Machine Interfaces (preferred)
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. In addition, all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide Coke Canada with proof of vaccination. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to any of the foregoing once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.
For more information about Coke Canada Bottling, please visit cokecanada.com
Job Type: Full-time