If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!.
The Recreation Therapy Assistant is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Recreation Therapy Assistant your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Providing for recreation and leisure activities including outings in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, and resident plan of care within the scope of practice.
- Contributing to and sustains a plan of care to meet residents’ assessed need.
- Assisting in planning for assigned resident area activity calendars in accordance with the care plan goals and preferences of the residents of each Care community.
- Identifying and encouraging opportunities for residents to share special skills or knowledge with others, inside and outside of the residence.
- Identifying appropriate therapeutic recreation goals and interventions on the care plans of identified residents.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Diploma or degree in Recreation/Leisure studies, Therapeutic Recreation from a recognized college or university.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Long Term Care industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of programming needs for older adults diagnosed with dementia.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations