The Facilities Assistant will be responsible for keeping the Seniors Centre in a clean and orderly condition, and will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, cleaning and stocking restrooms, cleaning glass, shampooing rugs and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of the need for repairs, and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalks. The position is required to work every weekend (usually 7am-4pm) and at least one weekday evening (3pm-11:00pm) and other shifts as required.
- Locks or unlocks doors, turns lights on/off, sets alarm, generally patrols grounds.
- Performs general clean-up of all office facilities.
- Prepares and sets up meeting rooms or the gym for classes, meetings, or various other activities and cleans up afterwards.
- Supervise evening and weekend rentals during their occupancy of the Seniors Centre.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycle bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, class rooms, restrooms as well as windows, upholstered furniture and window coverings.
- Cleans and stocks restroom facilities
- Informs supervisor when minor/major repairs are needed on windows, doors, switches, desks, equipment, appliances etc. are necessary.
- Maintains outside walkways (removes snow, ice, and debris).
- Informs supervisor when supplies and equipment are needed for operations.
- Special event support as required.
- Keep up to date on Health and Safety Legislation and WHIMIS requirements.
- All other duties as needed
Skills and Knowledge:
- High school diploma/GED.
- 1 – 2 years of maintenance/cleaning experience.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work for self and volunteers.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Must be able to work weekday evenings 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm and weekends 7am-4pm (approximately).
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- A clear CPIC is mandatory for this position.
- The position involves considerable physical work including; walking, lifting (light to heavy), moving, pulling and pushing of heavy carts.
Please submit application by: Thursday, June 13, 2019
Resumes to the attention of: Facilities & Rental Manager, Maggie Marrelli
Job Description available on request
We thank all candidates but only individuals who are being interviewed will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time