Office of the President
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$74852.60 to $93565.75
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Corporate Secretariat team in our Office of the President and CEO sector. This sector works with our Board and Government to promote effective decision-making.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. As a member of the Corporate Secretariat team, you will support and facilitate the Governance Framework and Corporate Decision Making Process. By collaborating with business functions on the development of materials for presentation to internal corporate committees and Board of Directors; and by ensuring that all decisions are properly recorded, approved and communicated which will in turn, help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Bachelor`s degree, with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Demonstrated experience working with Web-based document distribution or filing systems;
- Experience liaising with and providing advice to senior management;
- Strong client management skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key clients and partners;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to interact professionally with internal and external clients at all levels, including Board members and Senior Management;
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to synthesize data, record and summarize real-time discussions.
- Diplomacy, tact and professionalism;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
What you will be doing
- Reviewing meeting material for acceptability, both in terms of content and format, requesting additional input from proponents and making recommendations for revisions to documents for clarity purposes.
- Reading the related documents in advance of the meeting to become familiar with the topic(s) in order to be able to capture the essence of the free-flowing discussion.
- Attending internal corporate committee meetings at CMHC’s national office in Ottawa, and travelling to other locations within Canada to attend Board and Committee meetings.
- Writing complex and technical minutes of meetings that reflect the ideas and decisions taken during the meetings.
- Creating action lists and managing the follow-up system on items contained in the meeting minutes.
- Collaborating with business lines by researching previous materials or decisions presented at past meetings in order to enhance matters to be presented at internal and board meetings.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.