Who We Are:
Algorithmics is an international programming school for children 5 to 17 years old that currently educates more than 50,000 students. In the classroom, we help children take their first steps into the world of IT, teaching in a game like way and individualizing the approach to each child using unique methodology and a specially developed online platform. Algorithmics schools are open in more than 135 cities and 15 countries, from Australia to Europe, and now in Waterloo, Canada. Want to know more information about programs and company, Alogorithmics Waterloo Programming & Coding for Kids, please visit our website: https://waterloo.alg.academy/
All Algorithmics employees are different, but we are united by the desire to make our students and their parents happy. And we are looking for those people who will share in this desire and help us make our product even better.
- Conduct classes for up to 10 students per class using methodological material and algorithmics techniques.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of friendly teamwork among the students;
- Monitor the quality of the educational process;
- Support the children and their parents, provide educational feedback
- Resolve and prevent conflict situations with parents and children based on company standards
- Adequately prepare for each program by reading curriculum, watching training videos for training sessions
What We Offer:
- Competitive base pay
- Bonus for teaching larger classes
- After hours work - Great for extra income after full time job or school
- Paid training
Who Are We Looking For:
Graduated from or current students enrolled in a post secondary program related to computer science. Engineering, math or data science.
Enjoys working with children or adolescents
Past experience working with children is preferred (ie. Tutoring, coaching, camp counseling, volunteering events).
STEM background preferred
Must provide own police security check at time of job offer
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 4-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Temporary, Internship / Co-op
Salary: $20.00-$27.00 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)