Applications are now being accepted for Child Development Instructor position with Hamilton Community Association.
This position reports to the Child Development Supervisor I, participating in supervising, interacting and building relationships with children, as well as assists and leads the program on a day to day basis. Shifts in our Morning Care and After School Care programs are available.
- Plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate children’s programs that address the needs of the child: socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally.
- Ensure program is creative, flexible, inclusive and adaptable.
- Prepare and assist children with eating afternoon snack.
- Assist children with toileting.
- Assist in walking and bus transportation safety procedures on Out- Trips.
- Act as a liaison between program and schools.
- Greet and inform families and ensure proper pick up procedure.
- Maintain and follow licensing, safety, emergency protocols and procedures.
- Participate in meetings with families as well as association sponsored events.
- Communicate with other program instructors.
- Attend regular staff meetings and training sessions.
- Report suspected child abuse, endangerment and neglect to Supervisor.
- Clean and maintain room and all equipment.
- Monitor children in indoor and outdoor activities.
- Record relevant information pertaining to children and families in Program Communication Book
- Responsible to fill out accident and incident report forms.
- Other related duties as assigned and may vary according to program.
- Completed a course, or a combination of courses, of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition, or Responsible Adult Course with certificate proof
- Relevant work experience
- 19+ years of age
- Immunization Record
- Valid certificate of Standard or Emergency First Aid and CPR Level C (or higher)
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal record search
- Valid Certified Food Safe
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working with children that require extra support
- Class 4 Driver’s license (or willingness to obtain prior to program)
- Second language
- Experience with cultural diversity
- Coaching and leadership experience
HOURS OF WORK AND REMUNERATION
- Scheduled Part-time and Monday-Friday shifts: 7:00-9:00 am and/ or 2:00-6:00 pm
- Additional hours available during Pro-D-Days, Seasonal Break days (8 hour shifts)
- Additional hours for monthly staff meetings
- Additional hours for mandatory training and professional development
- $16.20-17.19/ hr depending on level of experience
Please send Resume Cover Letter and References by email, or drop-off in person to:
Director of Child Care Services
Hamilton Community Centre- 5140 Smith Drive, Richmond, B.C., V6V 2W5
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.20 to $17.19 /hour
- child care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)