Who We Are
At Vestas, we live our company values of Accountability, Collaboration, Simplicity and Passion. In an innovative and evolving industry, we change quickly to meet the needs of our customers. Our motivation is to preserve the environment through sustainable energy solutions. If this aligns with your values and enthusiasm, we want to hear from you!
A Day in the Life
In this position you'll use your skills and experience to supervise and develop teams that model Vestas values and produce high-level results against key performance indicators and operational goals. Key accountabilities include safety leadership, operational fluidity/achievement, and financial performance.
You will be engaged in technical problem solving, handle the site budget, promote operational efficiency, and handle customer accounts and service contracts.
Wind or Renewable Energy experience not required . If you have experience building, creating, and maintaining a positive work culture with an emphasis on safety then we are excited to speak with you.
- Promote safety culture at the site to improve site safety performance.
- Develop technician/team to ensure effective and efficient operation of the wind turbine plant
- Establish an effective working relationship with the customer to deliver to contract.
- Meet budgetary cost targets to deliver service at or below the cost plan target for site service contracts
- Utilize team to deliver optimal wind turbine performance through quality scheduled maintenance and efficient troubleshooting
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience as project manager, project guide, or other management experience, e.g. in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting. Demonstrated ability to build and supervise a hard-working team / operation.
- Proven high standards and values.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team. Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making ability with balanced risk taking.
- Knowledge and experience with effective safety programs, practices and procedures.
- Highly motivated, accountability and ownership. Functions effectively in a time-sensitive setting in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands. Enjoys multi-tasking.
- Continuous improvement and quality methodology skills. Effective issue resolution and structured problem solving.
- Technical background, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment ; knowledge of technical drawings and schematics preferred. Ability to understand and utilize technical language.
- Previous budgeting, cost center, and P&L management experience preferred.
- Experience scheduling, administering and supervising projects to achieve fruitful outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve Customer Loyalty Standards through effective relationships and demonstration of value differentiation. Skilled negotiation and customer service skills.
- Solid English communications skills (verbal, active listening, written, meeting management, presentation).
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business milestones.
- Established PC computer skills (MS Office) required, SAP knowledge highly preferred. MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, hearing ability to use close range radios, visual acuity including depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors, ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl as needed, as well as hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to climb ladders to heights of 330 feet and supervise work in confined space environments.
- Ability to hold certification in required safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space
- Proven business management skills to include financial management/cost control, contractual compliance, and performance management skills.
- Experience supervising a team of employees to safely carry out work in a complex environment.
- Wind turbine service experience.
What we offer
- Attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry
- Great benefits coverage that includes dental and vision
- Generous Paid Time Off policies
- Great 401(k) plan (with employer match)
- Tuition assistance
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.