Title : Controller
Co-op: West Baffin Eskimo Co-operative Ltd.
Location: Cape Dorset, Nunavut
This senior role offers excellent experience for an individual possessing the right qualifications and who is open to a diverse, challenging and exciting opportunity in this world-renowned Arctic community.
West Baffin Eskimo Co-operative operates several diverse divisions that include a retail grocery/hardware store and a division that produces, wholesales, and markets fine art.
The Controller will be responsible for all the day-to-day activities of the Accounting team and take ownership for accounting, reporting, internal controls, budgeting and operational analysis. This position also plays a key role in ensuring that information is available in a timely manner to provide recommendations to Division Managers and Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Overseeing day to day accounting activities including accounts payable, account receivable, payroll, bank reconciliations, tax filings and maintaining general ledger chart of accounts.
· Enhancing internal controls and processes
· Develop accounting policies and procedures
· Preparation of monthly and year-end financial statements
· Cash Flow forecasting and analysis
· Account reconciliation and analysis
· Inventory management and control
· Provide performance and operational analysis
· A post secondary Business degree
· Three years relevant accounting experience
· CPA designation a definite asset
· Combinations of education and experience will be considered
· Excellent management and team building skills
· Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge
· Experience using Microsoft Office with excellent excel skills
· Experience with Sage 50 an asset
· Interpersonal skills within a cross cultural setting is an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)