As part of our design team you will be collaborating with our manufacturing suppliers and external and internal product development team to create automotive accessories designs and concepts for the LED lighting category. If you have a strong sense of design and the skills to make your ideas a reality, then this opportunity is for you.
Benefits & Perks
- Innovation-focused culture
- Long-standing company with international reach
- Reputable brand sold by large retailers
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A collaborative fast paced environment
- The autonomy to create the products and systems which you’re passionate about
- Conceptualize and design products suitable for mass retail
- Research similar products for reference purposes and creating product briefs;
- Creation of 3D CAD models and renders using Solid Works
- Recommendation of finishes, materials and textures for products
- Work with product development department to ensure designs will meet specific criteria outlined, including price points, performance spec’s and marketing claims
- Various graphics, presentations and related tasks as required.
- Responsible for checking prototype sample against design and providing relevant feedback, testing design to ensure functions are met, testing and confirming physical massing and scale.
- Degree/Diploma in Industrial Design from a recognized College or University program required
- At least 3 years of experience in product design and development showing progressively increasing responsibilities in your roles.
- Knowledge of design techniques dealing with mass manufacturing of aluminum extrusion, casting and injection molding
- Reliable and self-motivated; a team player, yet able to work without close supervision
- Expert 3D modeling in SolidWorks
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- LED lighting experience an asset
- Overseas manufacturing experience an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Temporarily due to COVID-19