Best E Tutor founder Emma Zhang noticed that her children would often study in unusual places. When one child was on the ice for hockey practice, the other would be in the stands on their tablet doing their homework. She realized that learning and education doesn’t have to be relegated to the classroom.
Something we all learned when COVID-19 hit.
As a teacher herself, Emma knew how easy it would be for students to fall behind without the classroom structure. That’s why she created Best E Tutor. It started as a single-tutor service operating completely virtually out of her home in Montreal, Quebec. Her first students were the children for friends and family. Later, children from her neighbourhood signed up for lessons. Soon she realized there were too many students and not enough hours in the day for her to help them all, so she reached out to other teaching professionals to get help.
Now, Emma has a roster of X tutors, all personally vetted and selected to work with Best E Tutor’s students. As a team, we offer affordable tutoring services to Montreal; in fact, we are currently working to expand across Canada.
Best E-Tutor, a Montreal-based online international language school. We offering Education services to both Chinese and Canadian students. We are now looking for a Phonics teacher for 4-5-year-old students.
Working time maybe EST-Time 5pm-8 pm
Early morning and late evening availability are needed, and weekend availability is highly preferred.
- Group Size: 1-6 students (average 2)
- Session Duration: 55 minutes (fixed schedule in every week)
- Available time slots (Beijing Time UTC+8) * 6:55 pm to 9 pm during weekdays * 9:10 am to 12:20 pm and 6:55 pm to 9 pm on weekends
- Other Teaching Subjects: English, Language Arts, Phonics, Literature, Sociology, History, Academic Writing, Life Science, Social Studies, Science, and more.
- Teaching materials and lesson plans are provided.
- The Curriculum: REACH HIGHER adapted from National Geographic Learning, and OXFORD READING TREE from Oxford University Press
- Entry Level Teacher: PreK-GK level TESOL, 120-hour TEFL, or similar teaching certification preferred. * Intermediate Level Teacher: G1-G2 level, Bachelor’s degree, and TESOL, 120-hour TEFL, or similar teaching certification preferred.
- Advanced Level Teacher: G3 level, Bachelor’s degree, and above, local teaching experience, or local teaching certification is preferred. Ability to teach subjects such as History, Advanced Reading, Academic Writing, Persuasive Writing, and other subjects.
Contract length: 10 months
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Horaires flexibles
- Travail à Distance
- Online Teaching: 2 ans (Souhaité)