Grow, flow and glow with Cimcorp! Come share our passion!
Cimcorp Automation Ltd. is looking for a Automation Systems specialist (Millwright) to join our team.
40 years of experience brings confidence and the boldness to think in a new way. Although we work with passion on the challenges facing our customers, we never lose our sense of humour or forget the importance of good team spirit. We are not robots, even though we work with them! We believe that being different is an asset, and we are always seeking ways to enhance each employees’ experience. We understand the value of our employees and strive to maintain employee satisfaction and its contribution to productivity and quality services.
We look to recruit individuals who value professionalism, honesty, integrity and teamwork. This includes people who are creative, highly skilled, hands-on, and interested in a challenge
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Competitive compensation packages
- Four (4) weeks of vacation/leave time to start
- Employee Group Benefits Plan (including health and dental coverage, life insurance, health spending account, long-term disability, employee assistance program)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Flexible working hours
- Travel opportunities
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Free gourmet beverages (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Monthly social events, including annual golf tournament, ice cream social, BBQ’s and more
- The opportunity to join one of the largest material handling companies in the world
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Technical Operations Manager, the Automation Systems Specialist (Millwright) is responsible for delivering hands-on support at customer sites across Canada and on occasion in the United States or globally. This involves the mechanical build of automation systems equipment, installation and preventative maintenance inspections at customer sites including completion of all relevant/supporting report documentation. The Automation System Specialist (Millwright) will contribute to the delivery of Customer Support Services to customers and help foster long-term profitable relationships with customers.
DETAILS OF DUTIES:
- Mechanical build of automation systems equipment.
- Oversee mechanical installation of equipment at customer locations performed by local contractors.
- Perform assigned customer related preventative maintenance services as set out in Service Level Agreements with individual customers.
- Create formal field service reports in a timely manner proceeding site visits which outline the findings of the visit.
- Provide customer training on systems purchased by Cimcorp customers.
- Liaison with customers to provide solutions through system troubleshooting & diagnostics.
- Responsible for the promotion and follow up of all potential revenue generating opportunities brought to your attention while interacting with our customers.
- Deliver hands-on support and service at customer site occasionally at short notice.
- Participate on work group team projects and/or corporate related activities as assigned.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities both at the installation site, and at Cimcorp Automation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to read mechanical drawings and possess assembly and maintenance skills. Fabrication and machine shop skills and/or electrical knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Ability to train customers on mechanical systems through effective communication, demonstration, and formal instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem-solving skills, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding controversial matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet customer service standards and deadlines without compromising service.
- High degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Availability to travel and work flexible shifts including overtime as required related to the installation, training, and service requests of customers.
- Licensed trades-person with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial automation or post-secondary courses in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive travel is required for this position averaging between 30% to 50%.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Cimcorp is a leading global supplier of turnkey automation for intralogistics that uses advanced robotics and software technologies. As well as being a manufacturer and integrator of pioneering material handling systems for the tire industry, we have also developed unique robotic solutions for order fulfillment and storage that are being used in the food & beverage, retail, e-commerce, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and postal services sectors. In addition, we offer comprehensive customer support services.
With locations in Finland, Canada and the United States, Cimcorp Group has in excess of 400 employees and has supplied more than 2,500 logistics automation solutions in 40 countries across five continents.
At Cimcorp we don’t fill vacancies; we solve our clients’ business challenges by sourcing the best people with the right mix of skills, experience and attitude.
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- millwright: 1 year (preferred)
- driver's license (preferred)
Willingness to travel: