Position Description: Business Manager
LAST REVIEWED: Sept 21, 2023
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION RANGE: Excluded
WAGE: $110 000/ year (includes vacation, benefits)
The Director of Finance & Administration reports to Executive Director and is responsible for Finance, Human Resources and Information Technology Administration.
Supports the Executive Director with Rosewood Manor and Foundation short and long term strategic goals and is responsible for timely and accurate information as well supervises bookkeepers
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Monthly financial statements and forecasting to year-end
· Prepare reports for finance committee meetings
· Lead and coordinate organization annual budget process and update budget in software
· Manage cash flow and ensure investments maximize return as per investment policy
· Prepare and submit funders budget and financial reporting accurately and in timely manner
· Prepare other reporting as required
· Prepare and lead annual organization insurance policies documents and corresponding schedules
· Work with funders to ensure funding is as per service agreements
· Prepare working year-end documents and schedules and lead organization annual year-end audit process
· Supervise payroll and benefits administration and ensure payroll and benefits payments and reporting are completed accurately and in timely manner.
· Supervise accounts payable and receivables as well resident comfort funds transactions
· Implement process improvements and staff work-flow process improvement as required to increase staff efficiencies
· Monitor HPRD funding KPI post bi-weekly payroll and recruit as required to ensure HPRD requirement is being met.
· Coordinate with Scheduler to ensure staffing rotations are up to date as per master staffing rotation and funding agreement and updated as per collective agreements changes.
· Develop and update HR policies, employee orientation and new employee handbook
· Develop organization performance review templates and work with leadership team for department applicable performance review templates
· Work and support Executive Director with labour relations negotiations
· Coordinate with WCB on incident reporting and required information
· Lead organization health & safety committee
· Support Executive Director with implementation of collective agreements changes
· Maintain good working relationship with IT service provider to ensure regular maintenance, IT updates and software updates are being updated and kept current
· Make recommendations and coordinate with IT service provider for IT issues to minimize after hours disruption to IT services.
· Work with IT service provider and provide recommendation to Executive Director of server and required updates to ensure organization software and IT services are up to date to minimize organization risk.
SOFTWARE UPDATES AND SYSTEMS
· Ensure current ComVida EMS version is kept up-to-date
· Evaluate current financials system and lead software conversion if necessary
· Remain current with continuing education and professional development
· Ensure business department staff are maintaining continuing education and promote professional development
· Perform staff annual performance reviews and set appropriate goals with business department staff
Other additional duties as required by Executive Director.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
1. CPA, CGA, CA or CMA in good standing with at least 5 years’ experience
2. At least 3 years management experience
3. Non-Profit experience preferred
4. Seniors care home experience preferred
5. Experience working in unionized environment
6. Software application knowledge preferred of ComVida, and Point Click Care
7. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
8. Ability to deal with others effectively
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $110,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff must be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person