Are you a talented Quality Control Specialist looking for a new challenge in a growing industry? Are you interest in joining one of Alberta’s top 75 employers? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Cannabis Quality Assurance Manager, the Cannabis Quality Control Specialist will guide AGLC in ensuring that the quality and safety of cannabis products received from the Licensed Producers meets Health Canada standards. The Cannabis Quality Control Specialist will be responsible for the continued execution of the Quality Inspection program as well as making strategic recommendations based upon KPIs/ metrics, regulations, and industry best practices, for continuous improvement initiatives in the Quality Area.
This role will work in close collaboration with the Merchandizing, Supply Chain and Call center teams for implementation of Quality programs such as Quality Complaints, Product Recalls, Quality Investigations, and Quality Scorecards.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have superior verbal and written communication. You will need to be able to effectively prioritize and plan multiple projects with the ability to develop collaborative working relationships, to act with diplomacy to resolve conflicts constructively. Strong critical thinking skills and professional judgment to resolve highly complex and sensitive problems in a practical and timely manner are also essential. The successful candidate will also require experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs. You will also need to be knowledgeable in current and emerging practices and trends in quality assurance.
- University degree in chemistry, food science or business related discipline and a minimum two (2) years progressively responsible experience in quality assurance, in an organization of similar size, complexity and diversity.
- Professional designations or certification related to quality assurance is required.
- Experience with working with Health Canada or any of its agencies is required.
- Strong experience as a Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs (QA/RA) leader, with proven ability to build, implement and direct Quality programs/processes. Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) or Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) certificate would be an asset.
- Experience in Food or Consumer Packaged Goods industry and a solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Processes would be assets.
- Certification or experience in supply chain management would be an asset.
- Knowledge of project management, change management and Six Sigma would be an asset.
NOTE: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
NOTE: To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a security clearance and clean driver’s abstract prior to employment. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at https://aglc.ca/about-us/careers/current-opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $67,549.41 to $88,593.84 /year
- Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs (QA/RA) leader: 1 year (Required)
- quality assurance: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Preventative Control Qualified Individual (PCQI) (Preferred)
- Degree in Chemisty, Food Science (Required)
- Supply Chain Management Certificate (Preferred)
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) (Preferred)