Responsibilities include receiving, verification, ordering, counting, delivery and the replenishment of all supplies for central stores and for the JIT program. Daily Printing, photocopying and shipping request. Supply Room Maintenance including general organization/cleanliness, and implementing Min/Max updates to PAR levels as required. Computer data entry into Materials Management system (Meditech/Tofino/ATPAR). Daily communication with clinical end users, purchasing, and other hospital staff as required.
The successful candidate will require the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- A minimum of one year recent (within 3 years) warehouse, materials management and inventory control; experience in a hospital environment preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook, including data entry and keyboarding experience using multiple materials management computerized systems.
- Must be physically able to perform the required tasks involving repetitive heavy lifting (up to 60 pounds), pushing/pulling of heavy loads and extensive standing and walking.
- Must be familiar with various clinical products as well as the ability to understand and comply with store keeping and inventory procedures and methods.
- Basic experience using a calculator, fax machine, photocopier, printer, postage machine and pallet truck.
- Demonstrated ability to make quick assessments to solve minor problems and establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while also working effectively in a team.
- Proven ability to practice values consistent with corporate policies and a commitment to fostering a safe and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Computer knowledge of the Meditech Materials Management system, ATPAR and Tofino an asset.
- Creative and innovative, self-directed, flexible team player.
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Acceptable performance and attendance records