Job title :
PROJECT AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | TERTIARY INITIATIVES & MEDICAL SCHOOL
HILLSIDE CTR- ADULT PSYCH
TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed Project and Administrative Assistant at Hillside Centre in Kamloops B.C.
This is a term specific full time role until June 05, 2023 or return of the incumbent.
About the role:
The Project and Administrative Assistant provides confidential administrative support functions and activities to the Director, Tertiary Initiatives and other management staff as required. The Assistant serves as a vital link and communication source between Tertiary Initiatives and clinical stakeholders to keep the department informed and aligned with Tertiary Initiatives and project priorities.
Responsibilities include coordinating achievement of milestones with team members for projects such as HSPNet; follow-up of action plans relating to issues and risks; developing systems for workflow and documentation; providing administrative support to the Director; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence; creating comprehensive reports for review, signature, and authorization; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by management; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows to and is processed by management relating to quality initiatives, patient care, operations, human resources, labour relations, finance, and public affairs. The Assistant supports the Director in setting the positive, collaborative, collegial, and effective tone for project teams, group environments, external stakeholders, and the Tertiary Initiatives department.
Some typical duties:
- Coordinates administrative activities on behalf of the Director and other administrative staff assigned to the projects.
- Monitors and maintains project-related documents and action plans and ensures progress is made per the action plan.
- Provides administrative support to the Director and committees such as the KGH and UBC Southern Medical Program Liaison Committee.
- Gathers information from project teams and prepares status reports and related documentation for review by the Director.
- Initiates follow-up processes with employees, physicians, and others. Resolves day-to-day issues as they arise and evaluates operating procedures and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
- Provides assistance on projects including collection of data from a variety of available sources. Assembles, edits, and prepares reports in an appropriate format.
- Attends and acts as a recorder for confidential meetings including management meetings. Transcribes minutes and distributes accordingly. Follows up on action items as required plus prepares agendas and circulates necessary materials for meetings.
- Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Maintains tracking systems as required. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
- Provides general administrative support by:
o opening and screening daily mail
o acknowledging letters and composing correspondence for signature
o providing supporting information where required
o proofing mailings for spelling, grammar ,and clear understanding
o preparing and typing correspondence, memoranda, minutes, confidential reports, and other documents
o responding to administrative requests and inquiries
o protecting the security of confidential information by maintaining private files and typing private correspondence.
- Coordinates and standardizes the implementation of technology (new and existing) within the project.
- Sets up and maintains manual and computerized filing systems for all correspondence and administration files. Maintains materials such as policy and procedure manuals.
- Coordinates meeting schedules and calendars for the Director and project team members by prioritizing and arranging appointments and canceling and/or rescheduling meetings as required ensuring that schedules are manageable.
- Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, videoconferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
- Arranges travel and accommodation by booking and confirming flights, vehicles, and hotel reservations
- Provides input to new policies, processes, and for the development of strategies.
- Ensures appropriate supplies and support materials are available and equipment is in working order.
- Supports the Director in completing required documentation associated with Human Resources including: on staff and change notices, payroll removal forms, payroll queries, and travel reimbursements.
- Liaises and coordinates with Interior Health and administrative assistants, as necessary, to facilitate the many shared matters of daily business.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong administrative skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Graduation from a recognized secretarial program
- Five years recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience