We have a great hands-on leadership opportunity with an innovative company for a Controller/CPA with advanced financial acumen and a strong track record of managing financial performance in an ERP environment.
The role will oversee all financial processes and is responsible for ensuring timely and relevant monitoring and reporting of the company’s overall financial performance. This includes overseeing the full accounting process, including the monthly accounting cycle, budgeting and forecasting, and ensuring business policies, standards, and profit objectives are met. The Controller works closely with the leadership/management team to monitor operations and ensure profitability guidelines are followed.
Qualifications and Experience required:
· Professional accounting designation
· 5 years of relevant experience and 3 years of experience as a Controller in an ERP environment
· Understanding of the wholesale distribution industry a strong asset
· Strong understanding of Canadian accounting best practices
· Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and multi-task in a busy environment
· Comfortable leading meetings at a strategic and tactical level
· Ability to coach and mentor direct reports
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Results-driven, self-motivated
· Manage cash flow and working capital
· Coordinate and direct budgeting, forecasting and variance reporting
· Prepare and maintain dashboard and financial metrics for reporting
· Analyse and advise on revenues, expenses and balance sheet items
· Manage bank, investment, and credit card accounts and associated transactions
· Oversee accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, inventory, and revenue recognition.
· Oversee payroll process and associated items
· Support month-end and year-end processes
· Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
· Manage all financial and contractual data/records
· Manage financial systems including structure/design, chart of accounts, report writing, user base, and access controls
· Work with external accountants to review annual financial statements and make year-end adjustments
· Work with legal counsel and outside professionals to execute tax effective strategies and for other services as needed
· Manage and complies with municipal, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements, tax filings, and other legislation
· Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
· Manage employee contracts and records, payroll and company benefits plan
Salary to $80k (flexible) commensurate with skills and experience. Company offers excellent benefits, incentive program and professional development support.
Please send your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Controller: 3 years (Required)
- wholesale distribution: 1 year (Required)