The QA manager is responsible for monitoring the implementation of the HACCP and Food Quality system. This involves leading the QA team on the day to day monitoring of operations, working with CFIA to complete CVS tasks to ensure regulatory compliance, and provide corrections and training to production team members. Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to work in a high stress environment is required.
· Lead the QA team by providing direction, guidance, and support.
· Perform daily quality and food safety monitoring and provide correction to team members
who have deviated from the companies protocols.
· Conduct sampling of finished product and raw materials.
· Conduct pre-operational inspection to ensure operations start only when plant cleanliness is
up to standard.
· Perform individual projects/tasks as assigned
· Verify paperwork and perform data entry. Report to management the daily results of
· Perform new and updated training for team members.
· Prepare programs and records for CVS tasks with the CFIA.
· Establishment primary contact to the CFIA, corrected issues with CFIA, and
recording/reporting CFIA discussions and meetings to management at HACCP meetings.
· Bachelor’s degree or years of experience in a Food Science or related degree.
· Preferably with 2-3 years’ experience in a meat processing facility.
· Deep understanding of SFCR, HACCP, and BRC.
· Strong communication/training skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Good conflict resolution skills.
· Computer knowledge and ability to work with various programs (Microsoft, Excel & Word) to
create written documents/letters of response, spreadsheets, reports, forms/logs for
recording of data
· Organizational skills and strong ability to multi-task. Ability to establish priorities in their
· Must be able to perform under pressure and adhere to deadlines
· Strong communication skills (both verbal & written)
· Detailed oriented analytical thinker
· Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work with diverse group of individuals including
upper management and the ability to develop positive working relationships
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements, Standard Operating Procedures & Good
· Ability to work varied shifts
· Must have reliable transportation
· Prolonged standing, sitting, walking, reading, writing, talking, computer use.
· Ability to lift 20kg repeatedly
· Ability to bend, crouch, and lift product and equipment off the floor.
· Ability to handle and work in a high stress environment.
· Fast paced environment with continuous interruptions and distractions.
· Working as part of every plant operation from live animals through to packaging. Must be
able to work with death, blood, fecal/ingesta, and extremely bad smells etc.
· Working in extreme temperatures.
· Mixture of office work and production work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Alberta (Required)
- English (Required)