As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
As a senior member of the Wealth Advisor’s support team, the Investment Associate’s primary purpose is to work closely with the Chairman's Council Advisor team in the development and the management of their book of business by providing effective client service and contributing to business development and sales related activities.
In this role you will:
- deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of a client’s life, family and business, and
- focus on total wealth planning to help you deliver on this unique value proposition that enables clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
If you are someone who aspires to delight customers and deliver customer service beyond the customer’s expectations, then you are perfect for our team!
About the team:
Since 1993 Blakely Investment Management has been working with families to help grow their wealth by focusing on individualized long-term plans and executing on these plans using an innovative team-based approach to wealth management that addresses the entirety of their life (family, business, future planning).
Our Wealth Advisor together with a diverse team of specialists bring a wide variety of skills and expertise to help navigate extraordinary times and life’s changes. From financial counsel on managing wealth to careful contemplation of how to transfer wealth to future generations, it is the collaborative thinking, exploration and planning that produce repeated co-created successful client outcomes.
Generate Sales or Revenue by:
Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
- Identifying new business opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue.
- Utilizing an in-depth knowledge of products and services to identify new opportunities within the existing client base.
- Maintaining a good understanding of client profiles and that of the Advisor’s investment strategy used to implement client objectives and reach their goals.
- Managing the execution of transactions on behalf of the Advisor.
- Maintains Regulatory Oversight by:
- Ensuring the suitability of client recommendations and trades as per PortfolioAid, and that they are in line with clients’ financial goals, objectives, and risk levels.
- Ensuring non-solicited trades meet the clients risk tolerance.
- Ensuring all queries are answered and closed.
- Recommendations are backed by the firm or documented research.
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk
Contribute to the effective functioning of the Branch Team by:
- Implementing service level expectations as set out in collaboration with the advisor.
- Preparing, analyzing, and presenting reports and recommendations to clients.
- Working with the Advisor to develop and to distribute client communications and marketing materials.
- Providing recommendations to Advisor for improvements of the team’s business processes.
- Working closely with relationship managers and specialists in order to drive the business forward.
- Coordinate and Execute Business Development by:
- Managing marketing programs, including development, approvals and implementation.
- Prospecting and following up on client leads.
- Developing content and maintaining Advisor website.
- Acting as a leader to other assistants on the team and within the branch by providing direction and coaching.
- Regularly reviewing practices to ensure administrative processes are streamlined, administrative tasks are being completed, and logging work for tracking purposes.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and business partners across the bank.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service and facilitating a culture of openness and honesty.
- Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches.
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience in order to enhance the development of all team members.
- Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
- Championing a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Championing a client focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge within Scotia Wealth Management
Education/ Work Experience
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Takes initiative and effectively works independently.
- Strong ability to maintain deadlines.
- Understands industry and firm’s compliance regulations & requirements.
- In-depth industry knowledge.
- Canadian Securities Course Completion (CSC)
- Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH)
- Wealth Management Essentials (WME)
- Registered Representative Training (RRT)
- Relevant licensing as required by the Advisor’s business.
Canada : Ontario : Oakville
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.